At the Mitchell Recreation & Athletic Center, we believe in creating a culture of connectedness,
caring, and understanding that inspires everyone to be more than they ever thought possible.
We change the world by creating amazing global citizens who value being Humble, Hungry, and
Smart. We believe in creating a sense of community and belonging through a shared
experience in recreational activities that encourage relationships, well-being, and fun.
Denison Recreation is seeking enthusiastic students to ensure the safety of
users and participants by preventing and responding to emergencies.
● Actively search your assigned zone of responsibility for any unsafe behavior or situations
● Enforce all aquatic center policies, rules, and regulations
● Recognize and respond effectively to all emergencies
● Attend and participate in all in-service trainings
● Maintain all required certifications
● Attend to guests’ questions, concerns, and comments
● Continually record guest head counts
● Maintain a clean facility, including pool deck, locker rooms, storage areas, and LG office
● Serve as an ambassador not only for the Trumbull Aquatic Center, but for the entire
Athletics Department and the college by promoting and supporting the mission
● Assist in setup/teardown for any events in the aquatic center
● Perform other duties as assigned
Department Required Skills
● Knowledge and implementation of the emergency action plan
● Effective interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills
● Commitment to customer service
● Demonstrate integrity, ethics, and commitment to diversity and inclusion
● Maintain clean, appropriate and professional attire
● Commitment to promoting healthy, active lifestyles
Qualifications & Certifications
● Lifeguarding with CPR/AED/First Aid for Professional Rescuers
● Preventing Disease Transmission/Bloodborne Pathogens Training
Denison University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national
origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an
individual with a disability, or status a protected veteran. Final candidates are subject to criminal
& sex offender background checks. Federal Law requires all employers to verify the identity and
employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
For More Information
● Big Red Athletics Website, denisonbigred.com
If not currently certified, we will offer certification training on site.