Introducing the Peer Fellows: Ethan Scott ’25

Greetings to all! I’m Ethan Scott, a junior here at Denison. I serve as a peer fellow with the Knowlton Center for Career Exploration, specifically within the Technology, Data, and Science Career Community. Additionally, I proudly represent our institution as a student ambassador at the Annual Fund Office.

When I step away from my academic and professional roles, you might find me engrossed in the world of anime or immersed in video games. At the moment, Super Smash Bros Ultimate tops my gaming list, while “One Piece” and “Gurren Lagann” are my go-to anime series. Sports also hold a special place in my heart, with track and field and basketball being my top picks. Oh, and did I mention? I’ve been a drummer since I was eight and have since reached professional levels!

In my capacity as a peer fellow in the Tech, Data, and Science realm, my aim is to bring forth innovative programs and opportunities, offer career guidance from a peer’s perspective, and highlight unique professional development chances in the tech and data science sectors.

My journey at Denison has been nothing short of rewarding, especially in the tech domain. As a freshman, I was privileged to be a part of the MLH Fellowship program (Production Engineering/ Site Reliability Engineering Track), supported by META, collaborating directly with Meta Engineers on real-world projects. Just this past summer, I played the role of a Data Analyst Intern at the Annual Fund Office, delving into call data and utilizing R to discern distinct trends. I also had the pleasure of assisting in teaching the Foundations of Programming course for Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth, collaborating closely with Prof. Keith Gamble, who is the director of the Data Science department at Middle Tennessee State University. My role allowed me to introduce budding talents to the wonders of Python programming. And speaking of the future, I’m thrilled to announce that I’ll be interning with Walmart in their Software Engineering Internship program at their Bentonville, Arkansas headquarters next summer. I’m eager to apply all I’ve learned and share my insights with all of you!

Should you have any queries or simply wish to chat, please don’t hesitate to drop me an email at scott_e2@denison.edu. I’d be delighted to connect!

By Ethan Scott
Ethan Scott Peer Career Fellow: Technology, Data and Science