Introducing the Peer Fellows: Sarah Wuellner ’24

Hi everyone! My name is Sarah Wuellner, and I am a senior from Leesburg, Ohio triple majoring in education, theatre, and journalism with a minor in communications. I am one of the peer fellows for the Social Impact, Education, and Government Career Community through the Knowlton Center for Career Exploration.

I love getting involved at Denison and I like to try new things each semester because you never know until you try! On-campus I am a cheerleader, Senator for the Denison Campus Governance Association, a performer & the PR Chair for Sketch’rs Comedy Troupe, a radio host for The Doobie, a writer for The Denisonian, the president of Theta Alpha Phi (TAP) Theatre Honors Society, a fellow for the theatre department, and a member of Mortar Board. For all things Educational Studies related, I am a co-president for Denison’s Ohio Education Association- Aspiring Educators (OEA-AE) chapter, member of Kappa Delta Pi (KDP) Education Honors Society, and a fellow for the education department.

Over the summer I worked as the lead camp counselor at the YMCA summer day camp. This was my third year working with the kids. I learned more about myself as an educator and how I can encourage my campers to be responsible, respectful, honest, and caring, all of the YMCA’s core values. Working with the YMCA was gratifying as it showed me a different perspective of teaching by working with kids outside of the classroom. At times I had faced challenges, but I was able to stay resilient and make sure that summer camp was a fun, inclusive, and safe space for everyone. I also received internship funding from the Knowlton Center for my internship with the local newspaper in my hometown.

I have worked in a variety of positions at Denison, but as of right now along with working as a peer fellow, I am a marketing intern for the Vail Series, and front of house staff for the Eisner Center for Performing Arts. I also work at two after school care programs in Granville, Welsh Hills School and Granville Elementary. After Denison I would like to teach 2nd or 3rd grade or theatre classes while also directing plays. I also hope to act in movies and television shows or be a television news reporter. I am always on the lookout for awesome internships and jobs so get excited for what awaits this year!

I am looking forward to working with the Social Impact, Education, and Government Career Community to support students in fulfilling their dreams for their future after Denison. I am excited to provide my experience and knowledge from attending a variety of events in the past offered by the Knowlton Center, taking classes with the education department, and working in a variety of educational settings. I am a strong believer in putting yourself out there and taking advantage of all the opportunities Denison provides us. I encourage everyone to utilize the Knowlton Center’s resources from resume workshops to alumni panels and more. 

If you would like to meet with me or have any questions you are welcome to email me at wuelln_s1@denison.edu

By Sarah Wuellner
Sarah Wuellner Peer Career Fellow: Social Impact, Education and Government