Vault Career Guide to Wealth Management, Fourth Edition
Private wealth management, also called private banking, is a specialized branch of the investment community that provides one-stop shopping for products and services needed by the wealthy—typically defined as those who have liquid assets of more than $1 million. Wealth management professionals often work closely with individuals and families to invest their money, plan for the future, and manage their finances during crises. Private wealth management is a personally rewarding and potentially very lucrative career where top performers can make more than $3 million annually.
The Vault Career Guide to Wealth Management, Fourth Edition provides an insider’s perspective on what’s happening in the industry, what it takes to break in, and how to advance your career. Whether you want to help create income growth for your clients or help them pay their taxes, this guide will help you master every step of your job search.
Vault Career Guides offer an industry insider’s view of what it takes to land a job in your chosen profession. Each volume provides a comprehensive overview of the industry and expert advice and tips for uncovering job opportunities, networking, preparing your cover letter and résumé, interviewing and keeping current on industry news and trends. Interviews and case studies offer behind-the-scenes glimpses of what hiring managers look for in a candidate and how others have succeeded in landing their jobs or advancing their careers. Day in the Life profiles place you in the shoes of an established professional for one day, and an extensive glossary and resource list put all the industry knowledge you need to succeed at your fingertips.
Each Vault Career Guide includes:
- The Scoop: Everything you need to know about what your industry does, its history, who works in it and where it’s going.
- Getting Hired: Practical information on researching potential employers, networking, interviewing and getting in the door.
- On the Job: A look at life on the job and the industry culture.
- Talk Like a Pro: A glossary of industry jargon and key terms.
- Resources: Associations, organizations, websites and other resources to help you plan and advance your career.