Background & Purpose of the Job
A summer intern within R&D is generally expected to conduct the following work activities as part of a project team:
- Assessment of technical feasibility of potential processes and identification of process related items such as capital requirements and safety considerations.
- Development of prototype processes and products. This work is conducted jointly with product developers
- Scale up promising prototypes to pilot scale. Develop processes and identify potential manufacturing issues including special handling of new or unique ingredients.
- Development of process specifications and operating procedures. Participation in plant trials to validate pilot plant/R&D work
- Transition of projects from R&D into the supply chain.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
- Undergraduate with Sophomore or Junior status based with Coursework/Major in Chemical Engineering
- Ability to conduct an experimental program to generate relevant, high-quality data with subsequent data analysis and interpretation.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to work under pressure in order to meet project deadlines
- Willingness to relocate
This Internship Opportunity is available at the following Unilever locations: Englewood Cliffs, NJ, Trumbull, CT
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries. Our products are present in 7 out of 10 homes globally and are used by over 2 billion people on a daily basis. In the United States the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Ben & Jerry’s, Bertolli, Breyers, Caress, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy, Consort For Men, Country Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, Fruttare, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, Just for Me!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Magnum, Motions, Nexxus, Pond’s, Popsicle, Promise, Q-tips, Simple, St. Ives, Suave, tcb, TIGI, TRESemmé, and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies. Our ambition is to double the size of our business, whilst reducing our overall environmental footprint (including sourcing, consumer use and disposal) and increasing our positive social impact. We are committed to helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being, sourcing all our agricultural raw materials sustainably by 2020, and decoupling our growth from our environmental impact. Supporting our three big goals are more than 50 time-based targets. See more on the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan at http://www.unileverusa.com/sustainable-living/. Unilever employs more than 10,000 people in the United States – generating over $9 billion in sales in 2012. For more information, visit www.unileverusa.com.
Unilever is an organisation committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual and the talent they can bring. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.