The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers – and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency. We are proud of the culture we have built. We value the unique experiences and perspectives that each person brings to The Trade Desk, and we are committed to fostering inclusive spaces where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
So, if you are talented, driven, creative, and eager to join a dynamic, globally-connected team, then we want to talk!
What you’ll do
- Own and ship a meaningful project, end-to-end. We believe strongly in ownership at The Trade Desk, and we are committed to you having something substantial to show for your time here that will make a positive Impact for the team
- Receive close, one-on-one mentorship from an experienced software engineer
- Collaborate with a globally-connected team of engineers, Interns & other teams and departments In cities across the world
- Work with new technologies across a wide spectrum of computer science, including: distributed systems, petabyte-scale data processing, machine learning/AI, and UI/UX
Who you are
You might be a great fit for a Software Engineer internship at The Trade Desk if:
- You are fluent in one or more modern programming languages
- Have a firm grasp on basic data structures and algorithmic techniques
- Are a quick and self-directed learner. We provide close support and mentorship, but you will have ownership over the design, plan, and implementation of what you build.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering / IT or related program
- Have a graduation date between Summer 2024 and Winter 2024
- You are able to work at our Shanghai office for 12 weeks between the late May and Early Sept 2023, the start and end date is to be confirmed
What are you looking for
- Do you want to work at a global technology company with a mission to make the Internet better for everyone – consumers, content owners, and marketers – by getting involve in meaningful and impactful project that fix the way advertising is bought and sold?
- Are you eager to innovate? And to work on unsolved problems where you are responsible for the outcome?
- Do you want unique, large-scale (our platform handles over 11 million requests per second, we process more queries than searches on Google, tweets on Twitter, and snaps on Snapchat- combined!) , and highly complex challenges involving technology that is brand-new to you?
- Are you keen to work at an award-winning culture based on trust, empathy, collaboration, and ownership?
What and how you can contribute is what’s important to us. Our consideration is
not limited by the kind of education you have or the specific technologies you have experience with. We care about having good people to pitch in. Our culture is creative, energetic, and collaborative. Those aren’t perks – those are just the way we do business.
If this sounds like you, we welcome your application and invite you to find out why The Trade Desk was named a Best Medium Workplace by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a Best Workplace for diversity and top technology companies.