This position will split time between Project Renew and housing work. Project Renew is funded by an Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) INSPIRE grant and focuses on the civil legal needs of people in recovery from substance use disorder (SUD) to help them increase stability and overcome barriers to employment. AppalReD Legal Aid also receives funding to assist people with housing problems including eviction. This position will assist staff attorneys with paralegal tasks including, but not limited to: screening, intake, file management, client communications, legal research, document preparation, data tracking for grant reporting, outreach, community education, and making connections with SUD recovery programs in the region.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Multi-task per staff attorney instructions and help with a large caseload
• Screen people in recovery for civil legal needs
• Conduct intake for prospective clients
• Communicate with clients in person, by telephone, mail, and e-mail
• Conduct legal research
• Draft correspondence and legal documents
• Track and maintain detailed case data for grant reporting
• Enter case data into funder portal
• Assist in preparation of grant reports
• Conduct outreach and community legal education
• Work with SUD recovery programs in the region
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: • General competence with technology including Microsoft Office 365 programs • Strong communication skills • Professional attitude • Self-motivated • Ability to accomplish tasks in a timely manner • Ability to gather and communicate information concisely • Ability to learn quickly • Detail oriented • Excellent organizational and time management skills
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Ongoing until filled
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume with letter of interest to Director of Administration Lorie Elam, 120 N. Front Avenue, Prestonsburg, KY 41653, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.