Crop Protection Sales Intern
At Syngenta, we are working to build the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture that provides leading seeds and crop protection innovations to enhance the prosperity of farmers. As a Crop Protection Sales Intern, you will participate in a curriculum-based, integrated learning opportunity that prepares you to be a leader in territory sales in the agriculture industry.
Estimated Duration: May 2024 – August 2024
What will you be doing?
- Engaging growers and resellers in solution-based, consultative selling to achieve sales targets
- Managing and supporting customer base in a defined geography
- Advising channel partners on presentation of products and promotional materials
- Identifying and analyzing customer needs
- Collaborating with colleagues to develop effective ways of working that enable the Sales Team
- Developing skills and experience to further your career by building product and agronomic expertise as well as refining your communication, presentation, and leadership capabilities
What you must have:
- Sophomore or junior class standing working towards a bachelor’s degree, preferably in agriculture or related field
- Demonstrated leadership ability in student organizations and/or work experiences
- Effective writing, presentation, and negotiation skills
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable moving violations record
- Strong customer focus, business acumen, resilience, interpersonal savvy, and integrity
What’s in it for you?
We have some of the best talent in the industry and recognize that we need a robust pipeline as our business, our customers, and our product portfolio evolves. This role offers you a unique opportunity to grow and develop your capabilities while giving you exposure to diverse experiences, meaningful and challenging work, and an understanding of career opportunities available at Syngenta that relate to your passion. Upon successful completion of the program, you will qualify for a variety of roles within Syngenta, including our Developmental Sales Representative program.
Salary for this role is $20-$23 per hour, based on academic classification and relevant experience
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs. Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold. Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster – Link (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Within the southern and eastern United States (Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma): https://smrtr.io/gdWSy
Within the West Heartland United States (Iowa, Minnesota, N/S Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas): https://smrtr.io/gdVM4
Within the East Heartland United States (Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Nebraska, Michigan, Wisconsin): https://smrtr.io/gdWNx
Within the Western United States (Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, North Dakota): https://smrtr.io/gdWDb