Who We Are:
The HR Employment Ops Group is responsible for all outreach and recruitment activities for our organization. We support nine technical divisions and all admin support groups with developing and promoting job openings, passive and active recruitment activities, and orientation onboarding activities.
Objectives of this Role:
- Work with a dynamic team of recruiters and serve as an internal human resources partner to develop and recommend staffing strategies, proactively identify candidates, and assemble a diverse pipeline of talent for SwRI’s non-exempt positions.
- Perform full cycle recruitment to fill our non-exempt roles.
- Work closely with hiring managers to identify qualified candidates for open requisitions, build recruitment strategies, and provide employment law guidance.
- Engage faculty and POCs within colleges, trade schools, and other technical programs to assist with branding and developing relationships that will generate a pipeline or skilled trades and related.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Perform full cycle recruitment activities to include development of job descriptions, posting requisitions, searching resume databases to include national job boards, conducting interviews, negotiating salaries, and on-boarding.
- Process employment applications and interact with Institute management and staff to provide guidance and insight on staffing issues or other related HR issues.
- Coordinate and conduct pre-employment interviews and provide feedback to hiring managers and support SwRI’s on-boarding orientation program.
- Attend local, national, and college career fairs across the US to recruit qualified candidates for internships and full time employment.
- Travel is required during recruiting season (typically, but not limited to Jan – March and Sept. – Nov).
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Human Resources, Business, or closely related field
- 0-5 years: Must have employment law knowledge through coursework or industry experience
- Knowledge of OFCCP regulations is helpful
- Must be able communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities with strong follow-through skills and be willing to expand HR knowledge into other areas
- Must be able to travel on business
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.