We are accelerating and securing the energy transition sustainably and profitably.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability, and resilience.
It’s your role, here’s the part you can play:
This internship position is part of our Power Technologies International (PTI) team. PTI is our trusted advisor that takes a holistic approach, providing business advisory, technical consulting, and simulation software solutions. Join us in our mission to enable grid operators, along with industry and infrastructure companies, to accelerate and secure this energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way.
As a Technical Consultant Intern for Electrical Vehicle (EV) Infrastructure, you will work on exciting topics, including EV Infrastructure planning, modeling, simulation and analysis of EV adoption scenarios and impacts by development of statistical/mathematical models for EV adoption scenarios. Furthermore, you will:
- Conduct research on the processes and guidelines for EV infrastructure planning for the future of the grid
- EV charging station analyses: system level and conceptual design
- Research on federal, state, and local funding opportunities for building EV infrastructure
- Research on utilities plans for building EV infrastructure & utility system capacity design
- Be mentored by Siemens PTI experts to conduct research and summarize findings
- Utility capacity analysis
- Technical challenges for EV proliferation on the grid
- Present research findings and analyses
- Prepare weekly status reports on all activities
- Produce draft reports and presentations for the review of supervisors
Be part of our team, here’s what’s needed:
Rising Junior or Senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Energy Engineering with interest in EV planning for future eMobility and infrastructure development. Analytical and modeling skills are preferred. Master’s degree students in specialized program in eMobility and transportation are welcomed as well.
This position allows remote work from within the US. Eastern and Central US Time Zones are preferred.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.