Why Siemens PTI?
Do you want to learn how to apply your problem-solving skills to effectively bring about a positive change to our planet and improve our communities? At Siemens, we are passionate about solving our clients’ challenging problems and delivering key insights that have a material and meaningful impact on their business. The development internship opportunity will help foster your expertise to contribute to the advancement of our business and the customers we have the privilege to serve!
The Siemens PTI Energy Business Advisory (EBA) unit is an experienced technology and management consultancy partner in the energy sector. In this role, EBA creates value for our customers by providing Strategic Planning, Valuation to support Mergers and Acquisitions, Risk Management, and Market Intelligence backed by experience, technical knowledge, and industry-leading tools.
This internship supports consulting engagements, business process improvements, solutions to technical issues, and data management and visualization. You will focus on the interpretation and application of power and gas data to determine relevant issues and inform strategic consultant engagements.
Roles and Responsibilities for Position:
- Prepares presentations, reports, statistical charts, and briefings.
- Analyzes strategic or operational tasks in energy and power markets.
- Gathers, analyzes, and evaluates relevant data, and provides comprehensive reports and decision memos.
- Researches, analyzes, consolidates, and interprets data using statistical and data analytics methods to create information on power and gas topics.
- Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources.
- Create presentations, reports, statistical charts, and models and communicates results to various internal and/or external stakeholders (e.g. management, customers).
- Maintains confidentiality of all sensitive or proprietary information.
- Work is routine and procedure based but changing priorities or differing situations are encountered regularly. Thinking is focused on analyzing, evaluating, prioritizing, and solving operational issues and incidents or on optimizing tools used in processes.
- Proficient in high-level programming languages and willing to learn MATLAB, SQL, and/or Python a plus
What you can expect to gain from this internship opportunity?
- Understanding of the concepts behind solutions involving emerging technologies such as battery storage, hydrogen, etc.
- Understanding of integrated resource planning concepts in the context of a low-carbon regulatory requirement
- Get hands-on experience with a cutting-edge methodology for decarbonization strategies, including energy capacity expansion, generation portfolio optimization, etc.
Who should apply?
- Education: Current rising junior or senior undergraduate students pursuing a BA/BS in Finance or Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, or Math
- Majors: Engineering, Finance/Economics, Computer Science, Math
- Programming skills are preferred (MATLAB, Python, SQL, etc)
- Work Authorization: Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and by an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.