- We are offering a hiring bonus to new employees hired from this recruitment. The details of the bonus will be discussed at interview and/or offer.
- Certified teachers are eligible for a $2,000 signing bonus: $1,000 upfront, and $1000 at the end of the school year
While you work to empower Colorado youth and families, we empower you to develop your career. Join one of the most respected leaders in child advocacy services – Shiloh House. Our family like culture and specialized programs allow our staff to utilize their individual talents and contribute in ways that are both professionally and personally fulfilling. At Shiloh House you will find meaning and purpose in your work while you build your career. Our leaders are dedicated to teaching and providing you with the tools to be successful. We believe strongly in growing and developing our future leaders, providing advancement opportunities by promoting from within. In return for your dedication and contributions, you will be recognized and provided an array of competitive benefits. Come join us and serve our great community!!
Join our Shiloh House educational team as a Teacher!
We are also looking for Teacher’s Aids / Teacher Assistants / Paraprofessionals / Substitute Teachers to join our team! Visit our Career’s page at shilohhouse.org for more details.
- Provide direct teaching to students 225 days of the year
- Plan and implement approved curriculum
- Draw-up and maintain approved individual written lesson plans
- Supervise students in the lunch room/cafeteria during assigned rotations
- Supervise support staff in the classroom and enlist special skills as needed
- Fulfill requirements for ongoing education (TTE/SEE)
- May be required to participate in agency on call rotation
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Applicant must have or be eligible to receive a Colorado teaching license OR have a Substitute Teaching License
- Applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Must have experience and strong skills in behavior management
- Must have strong classroom management skills and trauma-informed practices
- Must have the ability to organize and direct other teachers and paraprofessionals
- Strong communication skills are necessary to collaborate with other team members, parents, and other professionals
- Must be highly organized and have knowledge and experience with IEP’s and special education laws
- Experience working with students who are on the autism spectrum is preferred but not required.
- Special Education Generalist Endorsement is preferred but not required. (Applicant must have a Special Education Endorsement if looking for a Special Education teaching position.)
Benefits: Insurance benefits include health, dental, vision, life, accident, and critical illness. We also offer 10% off tuition at CCU for their online programs and a ClassPass Membership, a 403(b) retirement plan with match, paid time off, personal leave, overtime, bonuses, flexibility, an employee assistance program and much, much more! Growth opportunities are available throughout the agency as we love to promote from within!
Compensation: In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the expected salary range for this Colorado position is between $50,000 and $68,000 per year. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job related factors permitted by law.
- Must be at least 23 years of age, able to pass a criminal background check
- Must have a valid Colorado driver’s license or the ability to obtain one.
- Must be able to utilize stress coping techniques during crises
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to perform basic math, reading, and writing
- Must be able to climb a flight of stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds overhead
- Must be able to withstand outside temperatures