Sustainability & Diversion Specialist are responsible to prospect and generate new commercial recycling business as well as retain and increase current customer business with a focus on capturing current recycling programs, increasing commercial diversion, and helping commercial accounts understand acceptable recyclable materials to procure. This position requires cold calling on commercial accounts networking in the community and presenting as a sustainability and diversion expert to businesses in the This position requires in the field work to generate new contracted recycling services. The hours and level of responsibility may vary by location or line of business.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Identify recycling leads, manage prospects, and acquire new business.
- Identify commercial opportunities for increased diversion/recycling rates.
- Cultivate existing customers’ recyclable volumes from commercial, retail, and industrial accounts.
- Prospect and develop recycling opportunities for all material or commodity types (i.e., OCC, office paper, mixed, co-mingled, high volume RO loads, metal, aluminum, glass, etc.).
- Coordinate efforts with hauling and recycling operations to pinpoint and service existing high volume recycling opportunities.
- Routinely interact and meet with MRF Manager or Supervisor
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Rumpke’s services and pricing structure.
- Determine customer needs and propose appropriate service needs, including waste audits.
- Meet or exceed the new business sales goals.
- Conduct cold call and prospecting activities that result in scheduled first appointments and follow up appointments with decision makers.
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals/presentations to key decision makers that result in closing the sale.
- Propose customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
- Utilize the company’s Growth Management System (GMS Board) on a daily basis, scheduling and documenting activities, and developing prospective customer profiles.
- Perform data entry to populate electronic sales orders via the Sales Management System (SMS).
- Secure customer signatures on required Customer Service Agreements (unaltered).
- Submit and review for accuracy reports and other paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and respond accordingly.
- Attend meetings regularly with Sales Supervisor to review weekly sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective customers.
- Networks within the community and continually learns about recycling markets and sustainability within the waste and recycling field.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous cold calling experience.
- Must have recycling/waste industry experience.
- Possess strong presentation, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed goals.
- Must present and communicate in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized with good time management skills.
- Possess proven analytical/problem solving solutions for the customer and the company.
- Computer proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Good Driving record; able to meet Rumpke driving qualifications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales, or related field preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years outside business-to-business sales with a proven track record of success.
- One (1) year of experience in a customer-facing sales role (business to business).
- Experience in developing and executing territory sales strategies.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment and traveling to and from businesses
- Prolonged sitting and repetitive motions performed answering phone and working on computer
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be able to complete pre-employment drug testing successfully.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver license.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke’s policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.