Sales and Service Specialist (Full-time Opportunity)
Medical Mutual’s Career Development Program provides a one-of-a-kind opportunity for participants to jump start their careers in health insurance. The program places you in a full-time Sales and Service Specialist position including a 1-week a month rotation over six-months across the Company in departments like Actuarial, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Underwriting and Health Informatics. You will learn what others in the Company do and how your role connects to the overall strategy while networking with colleagues across the organization. Participants also have access to professional development and community service opportunities. The position is Hybrid in our Cleveland/Brooklyn, OH location. This career opportunity starts June 5, 2023.
The Sales and Service Specialist provides critical analytical support to the Sales and Account Service teams for our Commercial and or Specialty Sales clients in a fast-paced environment. Serves as the conduit to funnel important information through the company from a client, broker or a consultant perspective related to elevated, previously unresolved, complex situations, as well as general questions and inquiries. Initiates projects, monitors progress, and brings to completion. Serves as the first line of communication between the client, prospect, broker, or consultant for questions and inquiries.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Risk Management or related field preferred
- Internship or job experience in a financial services, health insurance, customer service or related environment preferred
- Ohio Department of Insurance (ODI) license preferred but not required
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of health insurance products and sales and service operations (underwriting, stop loss, benefit plan design, funding)
- Intermediate MS Office Skills (Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Have reliable transportation and be able to travel to other Medical Mutual locations
- Internship and/or other work experience is preferred, but not required.
About Medical Mutual
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all our employees. That’s why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
A Great Place to Work:
Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we’ve received this recognition!
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including 401(k)
- Hybrid and/or Remote opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site wellness center at most locations
- Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
- Business casual attire
Excellent Benefits and Compensation:
- Employee bonus program
- 401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
An Investment in You:
- Career development programs and classes
- Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
- Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We’re the largest health insurer in Ohio and for over 85 years, we’ve been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth, and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be!
At Medical Mutual we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Please apply via Handshake by December 31, 2022.