Klein Tools is a dynamic, fast-paced and results driven company dedicated to launching hundreds of innovative products each year. Are you ready to make an impact?
Perks for you include:
• Paid Vacations & Holidays
• Profit Sharing & Matching 401(k)
• Health Insurance (Medical, Vision, & Dental)
• Discounts on Klein Tools products
• Education and Professional Development Assistance
The Product Sales and Marketing Specialist is part of an accelerated program designed to develop and prepare individuals for successful careers in Product Management, Sales and Marketing. Through hands on industry experiences, this position will build a strong foundation of product and market knowledge. This position will gather, analyze, and evaluate feedback by cultivating strong relationships with both end‐users and customers to further develop new product ideas, selling strategies and business initiatives, which will directly contribute to the company’s continued success. In addition, this position will work closely with experienced cross‐functional professionals and executives who will help guide career development within the organization.
1. Identify and conduct thorough market research on both the Company’s and competitor’s products through
interaction with salespeople, distributors, and end users in a variety of venues and in‐field experiences.
2. Assist Product Development team with product research by seeking out, evaluating, and prioritizing opportunities
for product improvements, product line additions, new markets, improved merchandising, promotions, and other
3. Assume ownership of a local retail market to build and leverage relationships with end‐users and customers.
Utilize creativity to execute best‐practices for new, innovative merchandising, and sales events to drive both financial
and brand growth within the assigned market.
4. Partner with local and corporate sales team to coordinate and execute product demonstration events at key
customer locations. Leverage product knowledge and sales techniques to convert customers from competitor
5. Analyze current e‐commerce marketing and sales strategies to identify, recommend, and present opportunities to
better align the Company’s strategy with our core end‐users.
6. Prepare and present executive reviews detailing product recommendations, sales market performance, and
marketing initiatives on a monthly and quarterly basis.
7. Drive effective communication and collaboration within the organization. Foster good working relationships
among team members and other functional contacts.
8. Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of work.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business management, marketing or related technical/business field is required.
Internship or co‐op experience related to the field of study is preferred. Extensive local travel and time in the field is
required. Overnight travel out of state is minimal but may be necessary at times.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite ﴾Excel, Word, Outlook, and
PowerPoint﴿. Ability to perform intermediate level mathematics and financial calculations. Must be an effective team
player that takes initiative and ownership of projects. Must be self‐motivated have strong organizational skills.
Must be able to multitask, manage shifting priorities, and work independently to completion of tasks and deadlines.
Physical Demand Requirements:
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with
hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel Requirements 10% ﴾3 days per month﴿
Your main focus:
· Customer Obsession