Internship with a Jeff Burtis State Farm®
To assist a State Farm agent in his or her daily activities with marketing of State Farm auto, home, life,
health and other financial service products as an employee of a State Farm independent contractor
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in developing an insurance and financial services marketing plan for the office
• Assist in planning and execution of meetings.
• Utilize a needs-based approach for current and potential customers
• Maintain licenses and or registrations to market State Farm products as requested.
Experience and Knowledge
• Demonstrated leadership skills and strong work ethic preferred
• Experience in marketing and customer service desirable
• Ability to effectively relate to customers
• Strong listening, oral and written communication skills
• Ability to take initiative and act effectively both individually and as a member of a team with
• Successfully complete and maintain licensing requirements to service and market State Farm
• Training will comprise product knowledge, application solicitation and office skills as well as a
vision of the State Farm philosophies and priorities.
• Hourly pay PLUS commission
• Desired Start Date: ASAP
Why work for a State Farm Agent? What’s in it for you?
• The State Farm agent is an independent business owner, and the agent’s team members are an
integral part of that business.
• State Farm agents and their team members have a mission – to help people to manage the risks
of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams.
• As a professional member of the agent’s team, you have the opportunity to experience firsthand
what it takes to be an entrepreneur.
• Success is built on a foundation of shared values – quality service and relationships, mutual trust,
integrity and financial strength.
• If you enjoy talking to people, are driven to achieve, have a passion for being the best in a fast-paced work environment and someday in the future aspire to run your own business, this
opportunity may be a good fit for you.
Thank you for your interest!