About the Columbus Partnership
The Columbus Partnership is a nonprofit organization of CEOs from Columbus’ leading businesses and institutions. Through our membership and other ally organizations across Central Ohio, the Partnership upholds a shared vision to make Columbus the most prosperous region in the country.
The Columbus Partnership team also includes One Columbus, one of the nation’s top economic development organizations that serves the 11-county Columbus Region; and Smart Columbus, an innovation lab that advances what is new and next at the intersection of technology and community good.
Can you imagine Columbus as the most prosperous region in the United States, where every day more and more people are able to improve their economic and social well-being? We do – every day
The Marketing and Events Intern supports One Columbus and Columbus Partnership engagement, marketing and communications initiatives. The role is critical to ensuring the Partnership’s standard of excellence in delivering programs and events, as well as professional and effective communications. The internship provides first-hand experience with efforts to promote the Columbus Region, and the work that professionals in communications, marketing and events planning do on a daily basis.
The internship is onsite and located in Columbus.
Director, Marketing & Communications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Track local and national news articles to be shared on websites, e-communications and social media.
- Manage content updates to columbuspartnership.com and columbusregion.com.
- Track RSVPs and attendance for meetings and events.
- Assist in preparing presentation decks and other materials for meetings and events.
- Organize and archive files, virtual meeting and event recordings and photos.
- Proofread various marketing materials and communications.
- Update contact records and lists, often in Salesforce and Pardot platforms.
- Prepare e-blasts and newsletters.
- Assist with scheduling meetings for staff leadership to ensure alignment and progression of projects.
- Help manage brand asset libraries (including logos, headshots, photos and videos) and fulfill internal and external requests for materials.
- Complete administrative tasks and special projects as assigned.
Skills and qualifications
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- A master of details; ensures flawless, error free materials and impeccable records.
- Demonstrates exceptional follow through on projects and assignments.
- Maintains professionalism and discretion when handling confidential matters.
- Exceptional hospitality and customer service skills, along with a team-oriented approach to daily work.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Adobe Creative Suite, Zoom and other virtual meeting software, SquareSpace, WordPress, CRM and email marketing software proficiency a plus.
- Quick learner of new skills and software.
- Able to work outside of standard office hours to accommodate meetings and events.
- A positive attitude, can-do spirit, interest in current events and love of the Columbus Region.
Work Ethic and Characteristics
- Collaborative, team-oriented and client-focused approach.
- Ability to prioritize among competing needs and opportunities.
- Detail-oriented in analyzing and providing quantitative information.
- Enterprising and resourceful, with a can-do spirit.
- Interest in current events and a love of the Columbus Region.
20-30 hours in office per week, for a period of 6 – 12 months.
Hourly rate plus parking reimbursement.
Please email the following in PDF format to email@example.com. Include “Marketing and Events Intern” in the subject line of your email.
- Cover letter
- Monday-Friday work availability during the internship period
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Columbus Partnership is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or genetic information. One Columbus requires all employees, vendors and associates to support its nondiscriminatory policies.