Overview of Citizens Commercial Banking:
Citizens Commercial Banking is growing the future leaders of our organization. Commercial Banking is business-to-business banking. It involves analytical and problem-solving skills as well as strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with commercial clients. Career paths include but are not limited to Credit Analysis, Portfolio Management, and Relationship Management.
The Commercial Summer Internship Program is designed to give interns a look at Citizens Bank’s culture through project-based assignments, learning curriculum, networking, volunteer opportunities, and formal mentorship. It is a 10-week exposure to one of many commercial banking business lines throughout the footprint. Responsibilities will vary based on the group you’re assigned to and will leverage your unique skills and abilities. We encourage students from all majors, who have an interest in exploring a career in commercial banking to apply. Our internships will run from May 30 – August 4, 2023. At the conclusion of the program, high performers will get early consideration into the Commercial Banker Development Program (CBDP), a 1-year rotational training and development program, and start their career in Commercial Banking.
Treasury Solutions Overview:
Treasury Solutions is a core component of the Commercial Bank providing transactional product and advisory support across our full Commercial client base. Treasury Solutions is responsible for the product development, sales, implementation, and account management of the full breadth of treasury products including cash management, commercial card, and trade finance.
Primary role of the interns will be to support 2-3 initiatives as well as some daily routines within the Treasury Solutions organization. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Administrative, analytic and project management support for Treasury Solutions high visibility projects and initiatives underway.
• Rotation through each of the Treasury Solutions business lines; Product, Sales, and Business Support to gain a front to back understanding of the treasury solutions business, clients, and measures of success. Rotation will include dedicated time spent with business line leaders, key staff, and clients.
• Enrollment and demonstrated academic achievement in an undergraduate degree program with a graduation date of December 2023 or May 2024
• Minimum preferred GPA of 3.5
• All majors considered, Finance desirable
• Demonstrated leadership in a club, volunteer, or sports
• Initiative taker who can handle multiple priorities
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and Detail-oriented
Application Details and Deadline:
Submit your application no later than, February 17th, 2023. Combine your resume and cover letter into a single PDF document before attaching it to your completed application. The cover letter is a required writing sample, and your resume must include your overall GPA to be considered. Your cover letter must respond to the questions below:
• Why are you interested in joining Citizens Bank?
• What is your interest in Leveraged Finance?
• What skills and character attributes can you bring to the program?