Special Education ASD DCD Teachers, STEP (18-21 Year Old Program) Cannon Valley Special Ed Coop – Faribault, MN
Under the direction of the Program Coordinator and Executive Director, the Licensed Special Education Teacher develops and provides specialized instruction to meet the unique needs of students with disabilities, evaluates and assesses student progress against instructional objectives, and functions as IEP Manager to assigned students.
· Provides research-based specialized instruction to address the instructional goals and objectives contained within each student’s IEP.
· Assesses student progress and determines the need for additional reinforcement or adjustments to instructional techniques.
· Employs various teaching techniques, methods and principles of learning to enable students to meet their IEP goals.
· Develops and implements annual Individualized Educational Program (IEP) plans for students to include: present levels of educational performance, special education needs, instructional goals and objectives, and the special education and related services required to meet those goals.
· Adheres to procedural requirements, including due process timelines.
· Coordinates the delivery of special education services in each student’s IEP.
· Serves as primary contact for the parent.
· Schedules team meetings.
· Establishes and maintains student control and discipline in the classroom, school premises or during school activities by communicating expectations of appropriate behavior. Employs and implements a classroom structure and consistency to encourage student responsibility, cooperation and mutual respect consistent with district policies and procedures.
· Collaborates and consults with educational professionals and community service providers (i.e., social services, public health, medical providers, etc.) regarding the needs of students. Provides consultation to classroom teachers regarding classroom adaptations, instructional modifications, adaptive equipment, behavior modification plans and other similar instructional interventions to meet the needs of students with disabilities.
· Provides professional expertise and assistance to individuals, other district staff and the community concerning areas of instructional expertise/knowledge.
· Attends training sessions, conferences, seminars, district and departmental meetings.
· Keeps abreast of changing developments, trends, instructional and educational technologies.
CVSEC Special Education teachers are highly collaborative and possess strong skills in creating and delivering individualized instruction. CVSEC Special Education teachers are committed to preparing students to successfully learn and engage in their communities.
· Valid Minnesota Special Education Teaching License, ASD or DCD or ability to be licensed
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
· Current teaching valid teaching license in another subject area and willing to get an out-of-field license
· If not currently licensed, willing and eligible to apply for and receive a Tier 1 or 2 Teaching License in ASD or EBD
1.0 FTE, Position Available
Salary: Based on CVSEC Master Agreement
Cannon Valley Special Education Cooperative, ISD 6094-52 is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.