The Blue Print (Role Profile)
Apex Tool Group is looking for exceptional talent to join our End User Conversion Team as a Mobile End User Representative (“MEUR”) for all of the Texas territory. This is a unique entry-level, full-time role whose graduates have progressed in our organization to senior-level sales and marketing positions. The Mobile End User Representative is responsible for strengthening the relationship between Apex Tool Group and its customers and end users by developing and establishing sales relationships, creating brand awareness, and generating customer demand. As a MEUR you will be responsible for scaling sales and marketing events across a regional territory. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated to drive brand sales both directly and indirectly. This position will report to the Mobile Team Lead.
The MEUR position offers a life-changing opportunity to drive our branded company vehicle across an assigned multi-city regional territory, building our business with some of Apex Tool Group’s most value-added end users and retailers. The position is up to 80% travel with the company covering virtually all your expenses, including one round-trip weekend flight to anywhere in the continental U.S. per month. The rep is also provided with four weeks of paid vacation per year.
As a MEUR, you will be provided in-depth product, sales, and merchandising training at our training center in Apex, North Carolina. Successful Representatives must be resourceful, self-confident, driven, and adaptable. You must have the desire and ability to thrive in a field position, managing customer accounts, tasks, and executions as needed. It is also important that you have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to easily build trust and credibility to influence.
This is an exciting, strategic opportunity and a chance to join a winning team. At Apex Tool Group, we give you the tools to build your career!
Come build your future with us!!
The Build (Responsibilities)
- Create brand and product awareness by conducting product demonstrations in stores, on jobsites, at trade shows and other brand-specific events
- Develop long term partnerships with large hardware, lumberyard, building centers, big box retailers and farm & ranch retail headquarters
- Aggressively seek out and develop relationships with new customer and/or dealers to drive regional hardware sales
- Develop and implement local marketing advertising programs along and execute cross selling opportunities in your stores for ATG products (POG’s, QP’s, End Caps, etc.)
- Partner with customers to increase knowledge of ATG’s portfolio of products and provide product training as needed
- Listen to “Voice of the Customer” and share feedback with Leadership and product teams
- Understand and analyze competitive landscape of retail partners and share feedback cross-functionally
- Develop relationships with internal ATG functions (i.e., Marketing, Customer Service, R&D etc.) to drive sales and provide current and compelling information to the customer
- Track and report sales activities and forward-looking estimates of sales on a regular and timely basis
- Merchandise, stock and maintain provided company sales van
The Toolbox (Qualifications)
- BS Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field preferred
- Availability for 80% travel for 12-18 months, including some weekends
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, bilingual-Spanish highly preferred
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving history
- Capable of lifting and transporting heavy tools (up to 50 lbs.) and requesting assistance as needed
- Capable of using hands to assemble tools and build displays
- Ability for relocation across the United States