PHP powers the back end of many of the world’s websites. But its extensive range of error levels makes it hard to know what’s what, especially when it comes to capturing relevant information and debugging errors in your code. In this course, instructor Gary Kovar shows you advanced techniques to improve your debugging workflow using both local and non-local tools.
Learn how to use PHP to:
- Log and correctly identify error levels.
- Capture the right information for fixing a bug.
- Configure PHP error reporting, log errors to files, and log errors to other locations.
- Debug more efficiently using local development tools like var_dump, WordPress CLI, Laravel artisan tinker, whoops, and Xdebug.
- Debug on non-local instances by capturing errors remotely with tools like Monolog.