If you’ve interacted with the Knowlton Center then you have, without a doubt, heard us talk about the power the alumni network. But we know it’s not always easy to find and connect with the right person to help answer your questions. Enter Ask a Denisonian. This new tool uses artificial intelligence to find the best Denisonians to answer your career questions. Need convinced? Here are five reasons to ask a Denisonian today:
- Dension alumni have a vested interest in your success. They have been in your shoes. Alumni have gone through the same experiences as you – from figuring out what to major in to planning for what comes after graduation. They want to see ALL Denisonians succeed. As a result, they are eager to help current students achieve their goals. If you don’t ask, they can’t help!
- Denison alumni can help you try on a career. Maybe you know you want to go into marketing, but you aren’t sure what that looks like daily in different environments. Ask a Denisonian what it’s like to work in their industry and request a call to learn more.
- Denison alumni can help you build your network. Students always tell us that they don’t have a network, but if you are here at Denison, that is not the case! The Denison Alumni are well-connected in their industries and in addition to alumni being a part of your direct network, they can introduce you to other professionals in your field of interest, giving you access to a broader network of contacts. These connections can be invaluable as you pursue internships, jobs, and other opportunities
- Denison alumni can help you stand out in a crowded job market. The job market is competitive, and standing out from other applicants can be challenging. However, connecting to an alum can help you stand out. Alumni can provide you with a referral, increasing your chances of getting an interview. They can also offer you insights on tailoring your resume and cover letter to the specific job you are applying for.
- Denison alumni can enhance Your professional reputation. Alumni can offer insights into the specific skills and qualities employers in your field of interest are looking for, helping you tailor your resume and cover letter to the job you are applying for.
Check out this quick video to learn more about how Ask a Denisonian works!