Alumni Spotlight: Jeremiah Mills ’21

My name is Jeremiah Mills and I was an Economics & Black Studies double major. On campus I was involved in Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc (Served on the International, District/Region, Chapter), NPHC President, 1st Gen Grad, UPC, Varsity Football, Culture Jam Co-Chair and Black Alumni Association.

I am a business owner and have my own private e-commerce business. In addition, I’m a Participant Relationship Manager II at Morgan Stanley. I have secured my Series 7 and am in the process of securing my Series 66. These licenses will give me jurisdiction to sell any equity securities except bonds (series 7) and Series 66 will allow me to sell in all 50 states and territories. My day-to-day currently consists of inbound and outbound calls, account service assistance (password resets, activation, navigation), and securing referrals for financial advisors of Morgan Stanley. Once I pass my last license I will be a registered financial representative, allowing me to pursue financial planning or leadership. 

I utilized the Knowlton Center at Denison to support my career exploration. Participating in networking opportunities helped me with internships, personal development, and career development. Taking advantage of 1 on 1 meetings helped me focus on different areas of professional development. I’m a money guy, so I knew finance was definitely up my alley. I came into Denison declared as an Economics major, and acquired the Black Studies major in addition. The current role I’m in is a stepping stone to new opportunities within Morgan Stanley or the finance industry.

My Denison experience provided me with many transformative but transferrable experiences; specifically in regard to networking, usage of resources, and high aspiration seeking. At Denison, there were plenty of opportunities to obtain prestigious accolades or provide exemplary service. In my current role, I have been able to maximize the usage of resources for personal and career development, which has led to significant achievements such as obtaining my licenses, being an employee of the month, and being deemed a top performer on my team.

My career advice is to take advantage of available opportunities and seek mentorship for different areas of your life.

By Ashley Strausser
Ashley Strausser