Internship Spotlight: Arth Patel

Name: Arth Patel

Major: Economics

Class Year: 2024

Organization Name: Immigrow

Intern Title: Marketing and Sales Consultant

Describe your internship roles, responsibilities and significant contributions.

As an intern, I was responsible for attending sales calls, interacting with stakeholders and making presentations for clients. I conducted 40+ hours of market research and SWOT analysis identifying competitor’s strengths and weaknesses, and of the biggest projects I had to complete was developing a new brand strategy for the company that would help them generate more leads and I ended up initiating a 45% leads increase with my suggestions and it is also something the company continues to employ even after my internship ended.

How did your internship aid in your career exploration or decision making?

I think this internship really opened up my eyes to how real the world becomes outside of school and the responsibilities you have in making a company successful. I also realized that I enjoy being in a fast-paced environment where I am always expected to adapt and try new things.  It made me realize the things that I really wanted in a company and also things definitely didn’t want. This internship has also really opened up my eyes to the sector that I want to go into.

My internship was a lot of fun and it gave me the chance to talk to so many people. Businesses, stakeholders and other professionals. Networking as well as gaining new skills such as design thinking were my two main takeaways from this internship. I was able to apply the principles and knowledge from the classroom to a real-life environment. I would definitely do it again!

What advice do you have for future interns?

I would say that, if you were in the same boat as me, where I didn’t really know what I wanted to do, find an internship that challenges how you usually think or challenges what your interests are because it will give you a lot more clarity of what you enjoy doing and what you don’t.

Aside from your internship, are there other tools, resources or programs that have supported your career exploration?

I think the networking I participated in during my internship and outside of my internship was really beneficial. Finally diving feet first into this internship with an open mind really helped me understand my career interests in a very clear way.

At Denison, I also really enjoyed working with the entrepreneurship club which inspired me to create my own startup. Before coming to Denison, I thought I wanted to do engineering but I soon came to the realization that I wasn’t passionate about it. Thanks to the liberal arts and all the clubs in the school which have helped me to choose the path that I want to take. Additionally all the resources Denison provides for me has played a big part in my success

By Fiona Schultz
Fiona Schultz Peer Career Coach and Peer Fellow: Nonprofit, Education and Government Career Community