Attention students interested in Finance!
On September 20, 2022, more than 40 Denison students and Knowlton Center staff welcomed Denison alumni who are working at JP Morgan Chase for an information session and a networking coffee chat.
In our panels, we had: Jesse Sloane ‘18, Abby Radnitzer ‘18, Natalie Zaravella ‘20, and Joanne Lee ‘21, who shared with us their experience working at JPMC as Denison grads and the amazing opportunities available for Denison students.
JP Morgan is divided into three different arms:
- Asset and Wealth Management provides investment management services for a range of clients. Asset Managers manages portfolios and investments for institutional investors like endowments, foundations, and pension funds. Wealth Managers work with high to ultra high net worth clients and manage their wealth.
- Commercial Banking provides credits, finances and international banking for startups, mid-sized businesses, large corporations and commercial real estate
- Investment Banking services deliver strategic advice and solutions, including capital raising, risk management, capital markets, mergers and acquisitions and trade finance services to corporations, institutions and governments.
Columbus, Ohio is JPMorgan Chase’s second largest footprint in North America, only behind New York City.
In terms of culture, here is what our alumni had to say.
- Work-life balance in the Columbus office is extremely positive. Employees are encouraged to take care of their well-being.
- Depending on each team, they get to work from home some days of the week, which really improves their productivity and work-life balance.
- Education is prioritized and is encouraged at every work position.
- You get a sense of community and networking across the firm because you get to interact with people from different teams and also teams located in other states.
Opportunities for students
So, what programs can Denison students take advantage of?
- Corporate Analyst Development Program (CADP): This 9-week program — a talent pipeline for our full-time rotational Corporate Analyst Development Program — will provide you with the opportunity to work with colleagues across various lines of business including Analytics, Project Management, and Process Development.
- Chase Leadership Development Program (CLDP): This a vigorous 9-week introduction to our Full-time program. The summer is centered on providing a comprehensive look of Chase through exposure to their business units: Auto, Business Banking, Card Services, Connected Commerce, Consumer Banking, Data and Analytics, Digital, Finance, Home Lending, etc.
- Global Finance and Business Management (GFBM): This 9-week program delivers in-depth industry training, one-on-one mentorship and hands-on experience. You’ll be placed as a member in one of the finance teams where you’ll work in one of the following functional groups: Business Management, Controller, Financial Analysis, and Project Management.
Having participated in these programs, our alumni had great experiences working with various teams in different operations that helped build a well-rounded experience for their careers. If you are someone who is interested in great learning opportunities like these, don’t forget to reach out to our alumni and send in your applications!