Introducing the Peer Fellows: Taylor Trimble

Hi everyone! My name is Taylor Trimble, and I am a junior majoring in Politics and Public Affairs and minoring in Educational Studies here at Denison. I am also now one of the newest additions to the Nonprofit, Education, and Government Career Community here at the Knowlton Center, acting as a peer fellow. In addition to being a peer fellow, I am also a Community Advisor for the Office of Residential Communities and Housing and the Diversity Docent Coordinator for the Office of Admissions. Outside of work and the classroom, I am the Vice Chief Minister of the Black Student Union and one of five hosts for “That Black Girl,” a podcast that streams live from the Doobie every Monday from 8-9pm EST.

As a peer fellow in the Nonprofit, Education, and Government Career Community, I hope to provide you all with innovative programming, peer to peer career support, and the inside scoop on great professional development opportunities within the fields of government, education, and nonprofit.

This past summer, I had the opportunity to intern at the Brookings Institution, one of the leading political think tanks in America under the mentorship of Dr. Rashawn Ray, a senior fellow who has been featured on CNN and NPR. Under his guidance, I researched policing reform legislation, copyedited blog posts, and proofread research reports allowing me to better my research and written communication skills. It was an amazing experience and I couldn’t be more excited to bring the skills I learned there to you all!

Don’t be afraid to shoot me an email (trimbl_t1@denison.edu) if you ever have any questions about the nonprofit, education, and government fields! I’d be more than happy to meet with you all!

By Taylor Trimble
Taylor Trimble Peer Career Fellow: Social Impact, Education and Government