Introducing the Peer Fellows: Callie Natiello

Hi! My name is Callie and I’m from New Jersey. I’m a senior majoring in Communication and double-minoring in music and Spanish. Here at Denison I am in Greek life, HC, and WIB, in addition to my job at Knowlton in the Marketing, Sales, and Communications Career Community. I have been singing and performing my whole life so I want to combine my skills in music and business, which is why I am pursuing a marketing or public relations career in the music industry, preferably in NYC. I will also pursue real estate as a side hustle because that is another area of marketing that I’m interested in. 

This summer I had a marketing and communications internship at Jazz House, a music and arts education program in Montclair, New Jersey. I developed social media content, wrote press releases, and promoted events by assisting with outreach and calendar listings. It was such a valuable experience and I am excited to bring these skills to the Knowlton Center this year!

I know the job and internship application process can be daunting. But remember, your biggest role models all started out in the same boat as you before they achieved success. It can be discouraging to receive a rejection, but remember that each setback is only a temporary obstacle that is shaping your journey to reach your goal. Even if you did not achieve your desired outcome, you will learn something new about yourself and this process from each of these experiences. And please take advantage of the Knowlton Career Center that we are fortunate enough to have here at Denison. We are here to help with every aspect of the career exploration process.

I’m looking forward to working with you at Knowlton. Please let me know if you have any questions!

By Callie Natiello
Callie Natiello Student Assistant