Every week, Leslie’s Picks brings you highlighted jobs, internships, and events that I want to draw extra attention to for students in the Financial Services, Consulting & Business Career Community. Check out this week’s spotlights below!
Join us for The World of Consulting event on April 7th from 5 pm-6:30 pm in the Burton Morgan Building, Room 115. You’ll hear from Richard Jolly, an Organizational Consultant, and a panel of alumni who chose a career path in consulting. What is Consulting? How can I pursue a career in consulting? If those are relevant questions for you, then this is the event to attend. You’ll hear from Richard Jolly, an Organizational Consultant, and a panel of alumni who chose a career path in consulting.
Alumni Conversation with Max Curtain ’21 hosted by the Investment Club – Thursday April 7 at 11:30am
Are you interested in career in Financial Services? Join this virtual event to learn more about Max’s experience with Morningstar! Join via Zoom, meeting info below!
Meeting ID: 994 8402 9400
The alumni panel’s goal is to educate Denison students on the multitude of job opportunities throughout the real estate industry. Panelists will discuss their backgrounds and specific facets of real estate including commercial, corporate, multifamily, and how to get started in the industry.
Panelists and discussion topics:
- Doug Bibby – Industry Overview, career of opportunities, multifamily real estate
- Winters Heafey – commercial real estate
- Dean Jordan – corporate real estate
- Debbie Phillips – College to Careers, Unlocking opportunities & what’s next?
- Investment Analyst, Denison Investment Office – The Denison Investment Office seeks to hire an investment analyst who will be an integral part of the team managing the University’s long-term investment assets, including the endowment. The analyst will be responsible for a variety of activities that contribute to portfolio management and investment decisions. The analyst will work on marketable assets such as public equities and hedge funds and private investments including private equity and real estate. The analyst is a key support professional for the Investment Office’s activities, including investment due diligence, manager monitoring and performance reporting. This position offers candidates the opportunity to join an intellectually stimulating and collaborative work environment in which he or she should gain broad asset class experience, as well as specialized knowledge based on targeted projects. Deadline April 22.
- Recruitment Consultant, Cresthaven Financial, Denison Alumni Connection – Cresthaven Financial Partners is a growing executive search firm specializing in the investment banking and investment management industries. The recruitment consultant will play a key role in the growth and success of Cresthaven’s new Los Angeles office amidst a recruitment boom in the United States. Working as a consultant within our business will offer a very lucrative and exciting career path. Apply ASAP!
- Associate Intern (NYC)-Dore Partnerships – Dore Partnership is a global specialist executive search firm. We help boards and corporate leaders build great companies by delivering exceptional talent and advice. Founded in 1997, and now with a team of ambitious professionals and offices in New York and London, the company serves clients in the financial services, technology, and data industries around the world. We’re looking for interns to join our New York office this summer, on a structured program designed to give you hands-on responsibility and exposure to our business from day one. You’ll work closely with our search team, collaborating with them to understand key personnel/talent, strategies, and relevant technology and systems at target companiesDeadline April 29th
- Summer Analyst Program 2022 – RockCreek – RockCreek offers a unique perspective into the world of finance and investing, facilitating learning and growth. RockCreek is looking for undergraduate students who are interested in finance, have a desire to acquire hands-on experience, and are comfortable working in a flat, tight-knit team environment. Doors are always open for you to ask questions and explore opportunities. Successful candidates are entrepreneurial and capable of working well under pressure. Apply ASAP.
Want to talk about these or any other opportunities? Make an appointment with a Knowlton Center coach on Handshake.